GRAND OPENING SUMMARY
The grand opening party on 8.12.17 was a huge success thanks to loads of people (especially my husband who cooked the food and made a bar and my dear friend Shilpa Burkett) who helped, purchased art, and came to support us in this new venture
Studio artist, Ian Glass, created an amazing abstract painting live that can be seen and purchased here or at Marnée's Studio. Lisa Hancock also rocked live watercolor portraits at the opening! Vanessa Cochran was the proud winner of the social media contest and won a free paint party ticket! Lucy Gafford, from Mobile Arts Council, was also in attendance to support the many artists who have exhibited at MAC and now have art at Marnée's Studio. The Midtown Mobile Movement, a great organization that advocates for a more livable and connected Midtown Mobile, even gave us a shoutout in their most recent newsletter!
I am so incredibly grateful for every person that was there that evening or sent their regards in their absence. That night will be cherished for a lifetime and provided the studio a solid start in a difficult business. Our mission to unite the community through art and creativity was received with great optimism and I am thoroughly ready to get to work!
HOURS AND SERVICES
We're now open to the public for the following hours: Wednesday-Saturday 10am-6pm and by appointment only Monday-Tuesday. Please stop by or send your friends! We have an awesome selection of original art (ready to be taken home to make your house unique), jewelry, pottery and Sudara clothing!
- art classes
- private events for adults and children ($150/1.5 hrs, $200/2 hrs)- call or email for details and reservations must be made with a $50 deposit @ least 2 weeks in advance
- creative services for local businesses or private/corporate events
Don't forget to get tickets for the next edition of Marnée's Masterpieces (paint party) Friday, August 25 7-9pm!! We'll be making a custom abstracted oyster and guests will get to choose their own stone to make the piece special. BUY TICKETS HERE AND GET $5 OFF YOUR NEXT PAINT PARTY!! $35/ticket and includes supplies, light appetizers, and instruction.
Our September classes include:
- Open Studio Figure Drawing (loosely guided figure drawing sessions Thursdays 6:30-8:30pm, Sep 7th- Sep 28th) $30/session or $100/4 sessions.
- Adult beginner drawing with Lisa Hancock (learn basic drawing skills from a pro with basic media such as charcoal, pencil and ink washes; Wednesdays Sep. 6- Oct. 10, 10-12pm or 6-8pm) EARLY BIRD SPECIAL OF $165/person (including supplies) BEFORE SEP. 2ND!
- Fashion Illustration with Mayssam Iskandar (ages 12+ learn basics techniques used in the fashion illustration industry with media such as pencil and watercolor; Tuesdays Sep. 5- Sep. 28, 4-5:30pm) $170/person including supplies. Class will end with optional trip to a Mobile Fashion Show to show off new skills!
Loads of new products will be added to the website soon so don't forget to check back often and sign up for our newsletter here (at the bottom of the homepage) for exclusive offers!
If you're an artist or a community member that is interested in collaborating with Marnée's Studio, please feel free to contact me! Also make sure to follow us @marneestudio_art on Instagram!