Figure Drawing Studio Sessions
Join us on Thursdays, Sep.7-Sep.28 from 6:30-8:30pm @ Marnée's Studio for open studio figure drawing sessions that will work with 2 live, nude models (male and female). Open to students of all levels, with guidance and instruction happily provided upon request :) Otherwise I'll be quiet and let everyone draw ;) BYOB!
- $30/ 2 hr session INCLUDING basic supplies: (drawing paper, bristol board, charcoal, erasers, pastels-oil and chalk, brushes, easels, drawing boards etc).
- $20/ 2 hr session WITHOUT SUPPLIES: feel free to bring your own supplies and save $10/ session!
The human figure is the ideal subject for creating powerful drawings that can be personally and/or broadly meaningful. Whether your goal is to convey accurate forms and proportions or if you're attempting to communicate something beyond form, working from live models:
- provides an accurate essence of poses (such as weight shift and gesture) that is hard to attain from photographs
- improves artistic skills such as gauging proportions
- allows for a more authentic experience
Students can expect to learn a variety of drawing methods and topics including:
- accurately assessing figure proportions
- line, mass, gesture
- short pose studies and long-pose drawings
- depicting dimension with diverse mediums
Don't miss this opportunity to work from live models and network with artists in the area!
* Doors will be locked by 7pm to prevent interruptions. Latecomers can call (251)206-5587 to gain entry.*