DRAWING THE DELTA (Beg.-Int. Adult Drawing: Wed. 10am-12pm, 1.24.18-3.7.18)
This adult drawing class taught by Lisa Hancock (ages 16+, beginner- intermediate) focuses on creating works of art inspired by wildlife common to the Mobile-Tensaw Delta. The Delta is one of the most ecologically diverse regions in the country. We will utilize the techniques of artists of the past to create our own animals in art from photographic references.
We’ll have fun learning about delta ecology, basic drawing skills and understanding of visual language through studio instruction. Students will review concepts such as proportion, space, perspective, tone, and composition as applied to animal portraiture. Uses drawing media such as pencil, charcoal and ink wash. It is helpful if the student has a basic understanding of drawing techniques and composition, but not necessary.
Demonstrations are given during each class meeting, as needed. The students are able to draw with the instructor and apply what they have learned to create a drawing from a still life, or photographic reference.
- The ability to express the outer contour edge, separation, prominence, depth and surface of forms as they appear in space.
- Perspective/Proportion. The ability to judge shape and size relationships and how they spatially coordinate within their environment and infer three-dimensional depth.
- Tone/Value. The ability to represent light and shadow (chiaroscuro) indicating three-dimensional form, spatial depth and surface.
- The ability to manipulate a variety of drawing mediums (solid and liquid) in a controlled and purposeful manner.
- The ability to place imagery within the framework of the picture plane with a rudimentary understanding of design concepts.
CLASS SCHEDULE (6 classes):
Wednesday's 10am-12pm; January: 24, 31, February: 7, 21, 28, March: 7
$135/ Person + $20 Supply Fee
*****EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: REGISTER BY JANUARY 17TH- $125!!!!**********
Registration ends January 21st! Must pre-pay (either online or in studio to be registered). Cancelations at least 72 hours in advance will receive a 100% refund. CLASS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 4 STUDENTS TO RUN. Cancelation emails will be send on January 21st if the class does not have enough students to run. Please call 318-564-4634 or email email@example.com for questions.